So I’m 33 years old and I have no idea still what I want to do with my life.
I blame it on my borderline personality disorder and my dreams that are too crazy to ever make true. And the fact that there’s too many of them. And that I have no idea which one I’d really even want to work for.In my life I have managed to get through two degrees, some classes here and there and even a TEFL certificate. I have this far
- picked strawberries
- cleaned hotels
- been a nanny
- worked at Starbucks
- worked in insurance admin
- been a receptionist
- interned in TV and radio
- been a newspaper journalist in two different countries
- worked in software sales and corporate account management
- worked on a database project
- taken care of dogs and horses
- been a personal assistant
- done marketing and social media marketing
- owned my own coffee brand business
- translated written content
- taught English
- written college essays
- and…I think that’s it?!
I have no skills in my own opinion yet I also feel like most jobs are below my pay and skill grade. I would like to save the world. I also have dreamed of having my own talk show, working in the UN, owning various businesses…yeah I wish I didn’t have to have a 9 to 5 because it makes me anxious, depressed and miserable, but I do want to work and have a career.
What to do?