I just got a comment from Stacey from the awesome blog With These Wings I Fly where she mentioned she’d nominated me for a Liebster Award!
I think the award is for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, so in relation to my nomination, I have some basic rules to follow:
—Basically, the rules are: (copied from Stacey’s own award page)
1. List 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions you’ve been given with your nomination (see below)
3. Choose 11 bloggers and provide 11 questions for them to answer
4. Go to their blog and let them know you nominated them
5. No tag backs!
11 Things About Me, LittleGirlInTheRain:
1. I am being evicted from my shared apartment in North London because we took a stand against bad treatment from Landlords
2. I am originally from Finland but emigrated yonks ago, and now call England a home. Although I may leave soon.
3. I chose to blog anonymously because it gives me more freedom to be honest about my journey through healing from childhood sexual abuse.
4. I love horses. My dream is to have a beautiful horse of my own to ride and love and spend time with. Big animals have huge souls and lots of personality!
5. I am a sugar addict.
6. I love hot baths, the ocean, sunshine, and hot weather. The hotter the better!
7. I struggle to stay positive, but I want to one day be in a place where my blog could be an encouragement for others more so than a place for me to vent my anger, sadness, bitterness and negativity.
8. My favorite flower is a tiger lily. They look fierce, independent, striking and special.
9. I love streaming TV shows online – living in London we’d have to wait forever for shows to come on telly here, but some blessed individuals post episodes online for the rest of the world to enjoy 🙂 I love 2 Broke Girls, Scandal, Deception, Belle’s…
10. My favorite TV show of all time was The Wire, and my favorite movies are Mississippi Damned and Save the Last Dance (lame, I know..)
11. My ultimate dream is to be like Oprah and have my own TV show where I could have an armchair and a couch, and be able to interview exceptional individuals who have gone through struggles in their lives but have gotten through and now can be examples for the rest of us. I love a good story!
11 Questions for me from Stacey:
1. What is your favourite season and why?
I don’t have one but two – I love the summer and the fall. Summer for the heat and long days, and fall for the big emotions it brings up in my soul; longing for something I never had, thinking deep, seeing leaves turn color and feeling like something new and a little bit sad is about to happen.
2. Would you change anything that has happened within the last 6 months, would you? Why/why not?
I would change the fact that I haven’t really talked to my therapist, and if I could start over I would start talking about deep stuff straight away. Now my therapy is almost finished and I don’t have that chance.
3. Would you rather spend a year travelling abroad or travelling around your home country?
I would rather travel abroad for a year!
4. What are some words/phrases you over use?
“Like”. I say that a lot! And “hmmmm ok” on Skype conversations!
5. What are some of your pet peeves?
There are lots….People touching/moving/tidying up my stuff – it sends me into a RAGE. People talking loud in quiet places, and no one emptying the communal thrash in the kitchen!
6. If you could meet any person (dead or alive) who would it be?
Tupac Shakur. I’d try to kiss him.
7. What is your dream job?
TV Show Host. See above!
8. Would you rather go a month without social media or a month without talking?
A month without social media.
9. Can you remember your dreams? If so, describe your most recent one…
I usually can, and often blog about them as they all have common themes. Airports, airplanes, trains, traveling, packing, horses, dogs, cats.
10. What is (or was…) your favourite subject at school?
Geography. I love maps!
11. What are some things you want to do before you die?
I want to experience inner peace. And see the world!
Now, I choose the following bloggers and below will be their questions!
Stacey, I want to nominate you back! (Can I do that??) – http://withthesewingsifly.wordpress.com/